Friday 31 January 2014

Winter comforts

I have come across a lot of things about ladybird books lately, but my favourite books are definitely 'What to look for in Spring' etc.  I was sure I had a complete set, but winter is missing, so I think we are alright to have a picture from 'Spring'


This is how it looks on my way to work at the moment.  There are some water meadows surrounding the town I work in and at the moment they are completely flooded, with swans, seagulls and ducks swimming about.

When it is pouring with rain and dark and cold, you need comfort food.  In the 'olden' days (1960s and 70s) we used to have lots of comfort food.  My lovely mother-in-law used to make wonderful old fashioned puddings.   The other day my husband requested (no sniggering now!) Spotted Dick. How lovely to make one, wrapping it up in a cloth and boiling it.  I am sure it is very unhealthy for you, but here it is... and it tasted lovely!


It is soon my birthday and now having a beautiful grandson, I now have more extended family.  Oliver's other granny bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  I had been feeling under the weather that day, and my new magazine arrived (Homes and Antiques) together with the lovely flowers, making me feel a lot better.


My photos always have lots of 'junk' in the background, but can you spy what is there - an options booklet! My little baby is embarking on GCSE's - where have the years gone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment